Monday 6 August 2012

Writing Everywhere

I keep notebooks in my greenhouse (as well as just about everywhere else!)  I also write notes on my mobile phone.  So today, in the middle of pruning some apple trees, I had to write down something about an idea I have for a future book.  Pruning shears in one hand, misspelling everything on my phone with my other hand, when a caterpillar falls down the front of my shirt and David from Seattle (I don't know anybody in Seattle) gives me a call to see if I've thought more about some software I downloaded last week.  Did I download software last week?  Luckily, although I didn't have my glasses on to check the caller, I didn't automatically say, 'Hi Baby!'  Wouldn't have mattered.  He would have thought, 'Aren't all those Brits real friendly.'  Which we are.  He says he'll call me next week.  Should have found the caterpillar by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment