Friday 10 August 2012

Free Books this Weekend.

If you're interested in medieval fantasies with a lot to say about the contemporary world, you might find The Dragonscale Blade and The Bullying of Harald Ruffsnape interesting.  They're both free this weekend.  And when they're not free they're very cheap.
What I'm finding, however, is that the longer I'm in this world of Crusaders, warlords, Malsaurians and people with reptilian tendencies, the more I see them around me.  There is a bridge across the river near where I live and some trees inside a high fence on the bank.  There was definitely a strange movement down there the other night.  It's a place that has no access.  Not unless you glide down, angel-like, or else explode out of the river itself.  The air was strangely hot around there too even though everywhere else was quite cold.  It is summer in Britain after all.  I know what you're thinking - could have been anybody or anything.  An old tramp, some kid fooling around.  But would a tramp have two, burning red eyes and tear at a raw fish, the light glinting off enormous fangs?  No need to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment