Tuesday 10 September 2013

Harald the Merciless is such a Bad Boy

Forgot to mention that The Bullying Of Harald Ruffsnape is free for a couple more days.  It's one of several backstories to a futuristic medieval story in progress.  I say in progress.  What I mean is that this mammoth, epic spectacularum began its squeaky, wooden-wheel journey through the time-slip of my head about 10 years ago.  But then it is a big project:  The Reptile Wars.  I want to make a few backstories available for the avid fantasy digester in need of escape therapy.  But, of course, other zingers throw themselves suicidally in my path.  'Take my life!' they say.  'Set me free of your brain-chains!'

Other immediate work includes: promoting The Badgers of Beechen Cliff and completing the formatting and illustrating of an imminent series of English books about to be published by LCP, as well as the ongoing labour of lyric-writing.  After that, languishing and attempting to attract attention by waving a tattered Scottish saltire is a modern, realistic novel for adullts - all adults; not just the Scottish variety.  But I've yet to pursue publishers with that.  I'm sure it's got legs enough to run off and find its own publisher, but it's still in short trousers and requires some sustenance and maintenance through puberty.

The English books are calling, so more in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment