Monday 28 May 2012

Illustration

I must say I do miss illustration and graphic work in general.  Before teaching, I designed and made wooden toys and other sculptural stuff.  They sold all over the place:  Nieman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman in the States, the Victoria and Albert Museum in England, Naef in Switzerland and many, many more around the world.  You may have one of my Animal Boxes at home, for instance.  I took part in exhibitions at the Barbican and the Museum of Childhood in London, and Le Galerie de Jouets at the Louvre in Paris, and again, many more over a period of about twenty years.  I designed pencil boxes for Stabilo, lighting for Quandt Originelle in Germany and children's quilts and bedding for Banian.
Then, or at the same time, I illustrated some children's picture books for Barefoot Books.  So now, I'm writing full-length fiction for an older age-group.  No pictures.  What am I going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment