Monday 14 May 2012

The Dragonscale Blade cover

I haven't been happy with the pale green cover design.  It wasn't my first choice of background colours, but then the original one was so dark the red lettering clashed so much it made your eyes water.  Also there was nothing there that a reader might relate to.  No sign of life whatsoever apart from the rubbery-looking reptilian hand.  I tried a photoshopped face,but that turned out to look like a cross between Mr. Spock and the lizard man that I often see attending the men's toilets in one of the main London stations.  (If you're quick, you might just catch a glimpse of it - the cover, not the lizard man - on Amazon before I take that one down too.)  A third, simpler cover should appear in a day or two.  I'm not sure it says everything I want it to, but that's it now.  No more.  I've got other things to get on with, including figuring out who the real murderer is in my forthcoming sequel, The Book of Zanj.

No comments:

Post a Comment