Sunday 6 October 2013

Alien Shapeshifts into Dodecahedron of Ice

At the end of its exoplanetary message, the alien visitor changes shape and physical composition, like grunge metallixa transforming into Gymnopedie.  Although it is standing four metres away I can feel my skin beginning to freeze.  Then wham, bang, no-thank-you, ma'am!  He is Mr. Badger - only he has to stoop to avoid crashing through the high ceiling of my Georgian sitting room.

I spread out my arms to reassure him I'm not packing a kalashnikov or have any intentions or desire to start a cull, despite government, bovine health warnings.  While I'm wondering how he's going to manage to leave this room and how to cope with any of his lavatorial requirements, I can see he's struggling with the language.  The process of transmogrification has obviously not gone so well, the transferral of linguistic facilities and telephone contact list having been delayed by a poor satellite signal.

He talks nonsense:

spout radioactive burlesque
triplicate plague-rat franchise
acrylic wallbanging ghost train
hand-me-down macrame burger-knitter

HOLD ON A GODDAM MINUTE THERE, BOY!  This isn't randomese.  He's reading my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment