Sunday 25 August 2013

What do I know about Cowboy Songs?

I don't feel qualified.  Country and Western in the UK is some bleak moorland on the outer, unreachable reaches of west Wales or the most westerly point in Scotland - Ardnamurchan Point.  C & W is about shooting the dog because your girl loves him more than you.  And can you blame her?  You've been two-timing and five-and-diming with her for too long, you no-good, sliming, outrageous rhyming son-of-a-gun.  I don't even know what a son-of-a-gun is!  I can face-tape a fair few chords together, however, and I have a verse or two.  Here is a sequel to the first:

Your smile is catching light from a star
I could be reaching out too far
All I need is the touch of your love...

Oh no!  I need a last line.  Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment