Saturday 10 August 2013

HaHa-time for Illustration

Neurons are on the warpath, fighting for attention, because I've just been cajoled (as if I needed cajoling) into producing colour (yes, real, Rajasthani Georgia Brown COLOR!) for a series of English books.  I thought they would have to be black-and-white to keep costs down.  It means more toil, but without the hardship.  What can be better than being handed a modest shedload for what you like doing anyway.  So, this weekend, I'm filling pantomime slippers with bubbly, aim the flame-thrower at a regiment of candles, draping the patio with fairy lights (I once designed for Quandt Originelle in Hamburg - look up their Wild Animals and other designs by Jim Edmiston) and inviting my partner and some people I optimistically call friends for a small period of assimilation of alcoholic moisture.

Still casting half a tearful eye at the orphaned lyrics at the end of the table, but maybe some kind foster band will rap at the door and whisk them off to happy-ever-after land.

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment