Saturday 7 June 2014

Dragons and Dilemmas

Right at the beginning of The Reptile Wars, Vinny is faced with a dilemma - to believe the content of his father's letter or not.  Where has monkey gone?  And what about the lizard zoo upstairs?

Ok, the letter.  Let’s open the damn thing.
I’m going to burn it down, Vincent!  Burn down the house.  Burn the whole thing down.  If you’re reading this letter, then it’s too late for me.  So, get out before the whole place goes up in flames.
What?  Well, that’s a good start.
I’m going to burn it down, Vincent!  Burn down the house.
Can you believe this?  It’s some kind of joke, right?  Sad, mad, old pappy must have totally flipped.  Yeh, yeh.  Not worth getting excited about.  Not worth the stupid pizza  and  sliding  ketchup  stain I’ve just made on my hoodie and jeans.  Looks like Dad’s finally found a chair in the crackpot corner.  Well, at least he remembered my name.  That’s something, I suppose.  

The Reptile Wars is free at this moment.  Get it here or see the other links below:

http://www.amazon.com/Reptile-Wars-Earth-ebook/dp/B00JPL5SKM/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1402078845

No comments:

Post a Comment