Monday 22 April 2013

Decorating

I can paint walls quite well.  You should see my flat, but then they never look as good as the moment you want to sell them.  Anyway, I spent over 20 years in my own business, painting wooden things, from 2 inch tall boxes stuffed with wooden animals to 20 feet high mobiles.  I have a Noak's Ark in Le Galerie des Jouets at the Louvre in Paris - yes, that Louvre - as well as other places all over the world.  So, as I say, I can cope with painting walls.  I don't like it much, however.  I've done enough of it in my time.  What I do enjoy is walking into the DIY store in the filthiest, baggiest pair of paint-spattered trousers, knowing they can't touch you for it, call the security people or set the dogs on you.  In fact, they look at you and say to themselves: 'There goes a professional.  You can tell by the trousers.'

No comments:

Post a Comment